Monday, September 28, 2009

Nature Walk

Yesterday we decided to take an afternoon drive and enjoy some of the beauty around us. We drove up into the cascades and enjoyed a short nature walk. I'm convinced that we have moved to paradise!

Best Friends
Darion was pretending this stick was a "bow & arrow"

Joel (he was eating blackberries but you can't tell in the picture)

Rusten, I love you!

Now for all of you smart people- you probably know what this plant is. We weren't sure what it was until Rusten's hand brushed up against it and a blister appeared. I wondered if it was poison ivy, but I didn't say anything because I thought Rusten would for sure know what poison ivy looked like. It was EVERYWHERE. I went home and googled it and sure enough it's definitely poison ivy. Luckily the boys were wearing long sleeves and long pants and didn't touch any of it. Now we know for next time! Glad Darion and Joel didn't get into it! Poor Rusten!






3 comments:

  1. Bummer! Hope your hand gets better Rusten! Karen you look absolutely beautiful in this picture! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just miss you guys tons! i wish i was up there again! give the boys big kisses and hugs from there FAVORITE!!!!
    love you guys

    ReplyDelete